Search This Blog

Thursday, October 06, 2005

By your side, always.

I want to share with Joe, and everyone reading his blog, how completely in love I am with this man. I could not be more proud of how strong and optimistic he has been through these past few months in anticipation of his surgery. Finding out he needed the operation, while I was in the 7th month of my pregnancy, was tough timing to say the least. He was able to focus on doing his research, picking the surgery date and then essentially putting the procedure aside as he concentrated on taking care of me and the preparing for the impending birth of our beautiful son.

All of you who know Joe realize how lucky you are to have him in your life. He is the smartest, funniest and most loyal friend anyone could have. I, however, have the special treat of being his wife and truly consider myself the luckiest girl in the world. There are a million things awaiting he and I…the least of which is watching Max grow into a little person…and I cannot wait to reach each new chapter with him by my side.

Thanks to all of you for your amazing support. It’s been such a rush to come back to our hotel each evening to read your comments and emails full of heartfelt encouragement and humorous cheer. Joe has been hearing from people he hasn’t been in touch with for over a decade -- proving the special network of people we are a part of as well as the power of the Web.

Joe, I will be the last person you see before your surgery and the first person by your side when you wake up. Tomorrow at this time we will have jumped the hurdle that has been facing us and we will have the immense pleasure of looking back and knowing we beat it – together. I love you more than you will ever know.

~ Al

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All three of you will be in our hearts tomorrow. Joe - go tell that sloppy, lazy valve who's boss...

Anonymous said...

Al, Joe, and Baby Max,
We will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending our "positive energy" for a fast, speedy recovery. We are impressed with your optimism, courage, and strength... All of our love
Chris & Eric(EJ) Johnson
Maddy, Annabelle, and Nicholas

Anonymous said...

Joe, after reading your last blog it sems to me that you are in the wrong profession. You ahould have been a writer!!!!!! That was GOOD literature. You're in our prayers. Steve

Anonymous said...

Joe, you absolutely AMAZE me! Firstly, how did you keep any kind of sense of humor through your latest trama???? Your writing is so incredible that I feel like I'm reading a fiction book written by a professional writer. Instead, you, the patient, are writing your own non-fiction story in such a fascinating manner that I just want to keep reading. I'm also waiting for the happy ending where everyone goes home happily ever after!!!!
I couldn't believe the latest news that occured this afternoon just as you thought you'd be going home tomorrow. I wish I had the right words to tell you how very sorry I am about the delay and will keep in touch through the weekend to see how things are going. Love, Judy

Anonymous said...

Talked with Allison yesterday to get updated on what's going on medically over the weekend. It's got to be hard being back in the hospital after thinking you've been released but it won't be for much longer. Hopefully all tests will come out positively and you'll be on your way home by Tuesday! Remember the third time will be your lucky charm!
We'll be in touch by phone soon. Love, Judy and Steve