Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Allison


So we’re off tomorrow; up, up and away to a city I never thought I would visit. It isn’t as if there is something wrong with Cleveland. Quite the contrary. Cleveland is one of those innocuous, nondescript cities. It isn’t Miami, LA or NY with the flash or fashion. It isn’t San Francisco, Chicago or New Orleans with their foodies or rich cultural tapestries. Now don’t get me wrong. Cleveland does have the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And they have the Browns, whom until recently I believed were named after the color. “Oh no, here comes the color brown. I’m so scared!” Actually they were named after their first coach, Paul Brown. Regardless, still a tough franchise to merchandise. But Cleveland may become one of my favorite cities once the good doctors do a little nip and tuck. Once there, I’ll give you my limited first hand thoughts. You’ll have to wait a day because Wednesday I have 8 hours of tests. Jeez…8 hours.

But this post is really meant to say thank you to the person from whom I’ve gathered the most strength during the last few months; my wonderful wife, Allison. Allison, thank you for your courage, resolve and support. This surgery is a minor speed bump for you and me. When we get back and I’m feeling up to it we will return to our normal life. The fine dining at Denny’s, the NASCAR races, the Swingers’ nights, building our lawn ornament collection and plenty of our favorite boxed white zinfandel.

~Joe

4 days left

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy during your recovery:
http://web.ulib.csuohio.edu/SpecColl/cdl/

This may be my favorite piece of information - just in case you didn't know:
http://web.ulib.csuohio.edu/SpecColl/cdl/DLdef.html

p.s. I heard that UPS just signed up to sponsory the Browns.