Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Dedication

This post is dedicated to all those whom I consider close. You know who you are not just because you received an email from me addressing you as “Friends” but because of your reactions to my news.

I want you all to know that each email response, each hug, the shared stories of loved ones that went to the Cleveland Clinic or that had a similar surgery, the tears, the wishes for a speedy recovery, the philosophical conversations about faith and God, the hard lesson about what really matters, the jokes and levity, the look in your eyes, the offers to help whether it was to mow the lawn, bring over dinner, help Allison and Max or to pray; all of these things strengthen my resolve to go in fighting and come back stronger than ever.

Each and every one of you is amazing. I will take you all into the operating room with me and please know that I take great comfort in that.

~Joe

8 days left

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

joe,

i just found out the news today. one of the negatives of being a whole country away from good friends. living with something as serious as this is so hard. when it comes so early in life, it seems so cruel. i love you, joe and my heart is with you as you go through this. west coast is with you today.

Anonymous said...

Don't get me wrong, this is very heart-felt and I love both of these guys (the Maverick loves Goose kind of love, not BirdCage)...but did Patrick actually say, "my heart is with you..." This just goes to show, never let a Technology guy write copy!